After being criticised as arrogant for not responding to his award, artist says he will attend award ceremony if possible
The artist was criticised as arrogant by a prominent member of the academy that awards the award last week, having failed to respond to repeated calls. Even a brief recognition of the awarding was removed from his website soon after it appeared.
But, in a bellow with Sara Danius, the permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy, Dylan told: I appreciate the honour so much, adding: The news about the Nobel prize left me speechless.
And, in a separate interview with the Daily Telegraph his first since the awarding he said he would absolutely attend an award ceremony if its at all possible. Dylan told the paper: Its very hard to believe amazing, incredible. Whoever dreams about something like that?
The Nobel Foundation, which released details of Dylans conversation with Danius on Friday, said it had not yet been decided if the artist would attend any events during the course of its Nobel week in Stockholm in December.
The Nobel Foundation will share information as soon as it is available.
Dylans spokesman did not respond to requests for clarification.
Read more: www.theguardian.com